Become a partner
of the Conseil du sport
LAB ENTRAINEUR.ES MONTREAL
Registration period for new cohort: until September 30, 2023
First activity: October 2023
Collaborate with coaches from other disciplines
Update your knowledge with experts
Improve your network of contacts
The Lab Entraineur-es Montréal program will support a dozen trainers in 2023-24.
For the next cohort, the registration period is from June 7 to September 30, and the first activity will take place in October, at the Centre Sportif Claude-Robillard. The program runs for 10 months, ending at the end of June. It includes a curriculum of activities designed to enhance the professional experience and maximize the intervention potential of the trainees.
This program is offered free of charge to selected participants. Please note that some of the program's trainings and meetings will be offered remotely in order to better fit into participants' schedules.
Group workshop component
Throughout the Sport Lab, participants will interact in person or online on topics of their choice that are central to their professional concerns. The goal is to deepen our knowledge and expertise by interacting on a regular basis and seeking outside help when needed. Eight meetings of 120 to 180 minutes, generally on weekday mornings, are scheduled;
Depending on the needs of the participants, external collaborators could be solicited
Individual support component
Individual coaching will be offered to each participant. This component will be based on the professional project outlined by each participant. The form of the coaching will vary from one coach to another. Meetings will be held mainly by videoconference.
Four individual sessions are planned
Reflective practice component
Throughout the LAB, readings or podcasts related to the theme will be offered, as well as some reflection and sharing tasks. The coach is expected to commit to the quest.
Allow about 60 minutes per week
Profile of the candidates sought
- To be professional coaches or coaches seeking professionalization - as far as the reality of their respective sport allows;
- Supervise a group of athletes identified as "hopeful", "emerging" or "elite
- Minimum NCCP "Competition Coach" certification
In addition, in order to fully benefit from the activities of this training program, we are looking for candidates who :
- Can devote about ten hours per month to the various activities of the Sports Lab;
- Can arrange their work or school schedule to be available for the monthly meetings, which will usually take place in the morning or evening during the week;
- Have less than ten years of management experience in a competitive environment